Content Generation Idea: Ask Your Email Subscribers
If you're a blog of any kind and you collect email addresses (subscribers) (which is something you absolutely should be doing), then you can use that list for more reasons than just sending them offers and products that they might be interested in. In fact, if you're thinking about ways in which to come up with content for your site or blog, then why not ask your list!?
Because email lists are perfect for this reason. They can be used in more ways than just sending them things you think they might be interested in. In fact, when you reach out to your list this way, it can strengthen the relationship you have with those subscribers!
Think about it, if you reach out to your subscribers to ask them for content ideas, that can and will make them feel important to you. That can also make them feel like they're a part of the process and feel valued for it too!
So, what you can do (if you have any kind of size of list) is literally to ask them for content ideas! And in case you're wondering what you can ask and how you can ask it, here's some basic questions to help with that.
You could ask something like:
- What one thing or more do you struggle with on a daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly basis?
- What is the biggest issue that your business struggles with today?
- What sort of things would you like to see us writing and posting about?
- What is it about our website/company that you like or even dislike?
- What one thing in life related to x (where x is your product/service) would you like to see changed?
- What sort of things inspire you to get up out of bed in the morning?
You could go one step further and use Google Drive to create questionnaires and then collect all the responses given in a spreadsheet.
But as said, by doing this, you'll not only be able to come up with ideas for content but you'll also be able to foster and build a better relationship with your subscribers.
That way, when you do post something they are interested in, they'll be much more likelier to take you up on that offer!
Do you reach out to your subscribers in this way and ask them things you can use for content ideas?
What other sorts of questions can you ask people (your email subscribers) for this reason?
May 27, 2017, 2:12 am