Write the reason you're deleting this FAQ
Content Generation Idea: Create Bucket Lists
- What would you like to do before you die? Bucket lists are lists that people have of things they want to do or achieve, before they finally "kick the bucket"! The list was largely inspired by the movie "The Bucket List" with Jack Nicholson Morgan Freeman. Have you ever seen it? Although, bucket lists have been around for a long time! Here's the synopsis for it;
Billionaire Edward Cole (Jack Nicholson) and car mechanic Carter Chambers (Morgan Freeman) are complete strangers, until fate lands them in the same hospital room. The men find they have two things in common: a need to come to terms with who they are and what they have done with their lives, and a desire to complete a list of things they want to see and do before they die. Against their doctor's advice, the men leave the hospital and set out on the adventure of a lifetime.
Here in this video clip, Morgan Freeman explains The Bucket List to Jack Nicholas.
Now how can you create content from your own bucket lists? Well by just creating a bucket list of course! All you really need to do is think about the things you'd like to do, before you finally kick the bucket. What are those things? What sorts of things would you like to do or achieve? A bungee jump? Travel the world? Learn a new language? Write a book? Think about it!
Think about the things you would like to do or achieve before you kick the bucket and then start writing them down. It's best to start with just simple one liners of things at first. Bullet style. Try to think of at least 5 things you'd like to do, see or achieve before you kick the proverbial bucket.
Then under each bulleted point, write down ways in which you could achieve them. Now here's the great thing about using bucket lists for content generation purposes. You could create one post of 5-10 things, or you could create a series of posts for each thing at a time. And if you have about 10 things on that list, that would help you to create at least 10 posts on it.
Where to find bucket list ideas?
You can find these all over the Internet! Find some of them and then write down things about them like why you would like to do or achieve them, how you would go about doing so etc. These could be some or all of the bucket list things I've already mentioned, to something completely different and much wilder in nature.
How about 1000+ bucket list ideas?
Would that help you? Check out http://bucketlistjourney.net/my-bucket-list/
for a 1000+ strong bucket list that is continuously being altered, updated, contemplated and rejuvenated by Annette White. One of the most inspiring people you could ever come to know about if it comes to finding things to do before you kick the bucket!
But more than that, her bucket list ideas are so many, so, so many things that you can do and things you can write about as well! So if you're looking for writing inspiration and content generation ideas, putting together your own bucket list (even if you do use other peoples bucket lists for ideas) will surely help you for that reason.
Questions to Ask Yourself For Bucket List Content Ideas
- If you knew you was to die tomorrow, would you be happy with all that you've done in your life?
- If you had access to unlimited money, time and resources, how would you use it?
- What things are there you've always wanted to do but haven't actually done?
- Are there any countries or places in the world you've wanted to visit but haven't?
- What are some of the biggest goals, dreams or plans in your life?
- What people would you like to meet in person face to face if you could?
- What life experiences are there that you would like to experience?
- What things are there you would like to say to people like family and friends etc.
- What are the most important things you think you could ever want to do?
- What things in life could you do to mean a life of great meaning?
As yourself these questions and write down the answers to them. Think about the things you would like to do, see, achieve, visit etc before you kick the bucket! And from that, you will be able to come up with some awesome content that people (your readers) will truly love to read. And you never know, you might actually get to do some or all of these things. Now wouldn't that be nice!?
Do you have your own bucket list?
What sort of things are on that list that you would like to do before you kick it?
Or, do you write about your own bucket list for content generation purposes?