The Process of Writing and Publishing Your First eBook
So you want to write your first eBook? You already know what you want to write about, or perhaps you don't. But that's okay as it's something you can think about. However, if you do, and you do want to write and publish your first eBook. I've put together a 4 part guide that covers some of the basic steps you'll need to take to go from writing it, publishing it to distributing and promoting it. And these are quite basic steps, but they are the steps you will need to take when doing something like this. And they should give you an insight into what it actually takes. That said, this doesn't guarantee you huge success with your eBook! That will largely depend on just how well you write your eBook, the niche it's in, what it's on, how much demand there is for it and more than anything else, how much you promote, market and distribute it. Fortunately, there is wealth of things you can do to help with that! But here's the basic skinny!
1. Write the eBook
- Research the audience and finalize a topic for your eBook.
- Create an outline for division and chapters.
- Set the schedule to complete the writing.
- Start with the writing and stick to the schedule.
- Revise the book and check the flow, check grammar and spellings.
- Make any final changes if any as needed.
- Make an eye catchy title for your eBook.
- Convert the PDF into an e-pub (eBook publishers can help you do this)
- Prepare multiple customized versions of the eBook for different publishers.
- Create an attractive cover as it generates the curiosity to read it.
- Add relevant images, photos and format them properly within the text.
- Set the price for it what it will be.
- Understand what ISBN is and what your publishing rights are.
- Check for various options for publishing such as Amazon, iPad, Nook etc.
- Set up professional website and networking accounts.
- Interact with people on social networking sites on a frequent basis.
- Post frequent updates related to your eBook.
- Generate followers on social media.
- Arrange an online contest and give prizes to winners like discounts for the eBook or even a free copy of it.
- Post the positive reviews/feedback you receive on it on your website.
But these are the basic steps involved with writing, formatting, distributing and promoting your eBook!
I hope that it helps and maybe even inspires you to write one!?
Do you have any questions about writing and publishing your eBook?
If so drop it in a comment below and we'll try to answer you.
June 13, 2017, 7:40 am